As a locally owned health insurance group and financial services, Queensland Country is aware of the significant impact recent bushfires have had on some of the communities in which we operate.
Through our Emergency Relief Package, we are able to offer support to Members directly affected by the bushfires in a number of ways. While every Member’s circumstances are considered individually, the package may include:
- One month financial assistance on our health insurance products
- Deferred repayments on loans for up to three months
- Placing loans on an interest-only basis for a period of time
- Restructuring loans to reduce scheduled repayments
- Waiving establishment fees on new personal loan applications for purposes related to the bushfires for up to three months
- Waiving break costs for Members with a fixed rate loan who use an insurance payment to pay out their loan
- Waiving the usual interest rate reduction for early withdrawals from term deposits prior to maturity
- Existing Members with home and contents insurance through CGU Insurance may be able to claim for emergency funds and temporary accommodation costs.
Should you wish to use any element of the relief package, please do not hesitate to contact your nearest branch or call Queensland Country Health Fund on 1800 813 415. If you need to lodge an insurance claim through our partner, CGU Insurance, we recommend you call their claims hotline direct on 132 480.