Join Queensland Country
Queensland Country Health Fund is Queensland’s number one regional health fund, and joining is a breeze.
We’ll help you find the cover that best suits your budget and circumstances with our online quote calculator. Once you’ve found the right option for you, fill out our online application form.
What you’ll need to join
Of course, we’ll need to know a few things about you when you become one of our valued members – these are the things you’ll need to have on hand when applying:
- Your Medicare card
- Details of everyone to be covered, including dates of birth
- Bank account details, if you want to set up a direct debit for your payment of contributions
- Your Application to Receive the Australian Government Rebate, if you want to claim the rebate as a reduction in your premium.
If you’re already a member of another health fund and want to transfer to Queensland Country Health Fund, you’ll also need the details of your existing health fund membership. You will need to complete a Transfer Certificate Request as well, to authorise your previous insurer to terminate your existing policy and provide your membership details to Queensland Country Health Fund. Don’t forget to contact them to cancel any direct debit arrangements you may have in place.
Switching to Queensland Country
It’s worth reviewing your health insurance policy every few years. Things in life change, and changes in your circumstances might mean you’re paying for things you don’t need, or aren’t covered for something should the worst happen.
But switching is easy. And there’s some great reasons to consider switching to us:
- If you join within two months of terminating your cover with your previous fund, you won’t have to re-serve waiting periods on equivalent cover
- We’ll help out with the paperwork and contact your old health insurer
- Our 30 day cooling off period means that if you aren’t satisfied with us, or would like to try a different cover, we can switch you over or refund any premiums paid in full, as long as you haven’t made a claim yet.
Interested? Find out more about switching.
If you’re ready to become a Queensland Country member, complete our online application form. It’s quick and easy and only takes ten minutes, and you’ll get a quick confirmation of your application.
Prefer the more traditional way?
You can call us on 1800 813 415 (freecall) from 8am to 5.30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and 9am to 5pm Wednesday.
Print and send
Download a copy of our application form. Once you’ve filled it out, print it and send back to us by fax, email or mail.
Fax: (07) 4412 3500
Mail: PO Box 42, Aitkenvale QLD 4814
We love visitors, and are more than happy to take your application in person. Just drop into one of our Health Fund Service Centres or any Queensland Country Credit Union branch.
If you'd like to know more about how you can make payments, please visit our how to pay contributions page.
Please ensure that all documentation is read carefully before any decision is made to purchase a health insurance product and that all information is retained for future reference.
Cooling off period
If you change your mind about taking out cover with Queensland Country Health Fund and haven’t made any claims, we’ll allow you to cancel your policy and receive a full refund of any premiums paid within 30 days of the commencement of the policy.