Why private health insurance
Even though Australia has an exceptionally good healthcare system, sometimes you just want the peace of mind that comes with knowing you and your family are covered if someone falls ill or has an accident.
There are two main types of health insurance – hospital policies cover you for inpatient treatment and costs like accommodation and theatre fees when you need to go to hospital, and ancillary or extras cover takes care of services like dental, optical and physiotherapy. These can be packaged together to provide combined cover over both hospital and extras.
Why take out private health insurance
Private health cover allows you to:
- Receive the best medical care when you need it
- Choose your own doctor and hospital
- Avoid long waiting periods for surgery and other treatments
- Assist with covering the cost of staying in a public or private hospital while being treated by your selected doctor
- Lock in your Lifetime Health Cover age
- Pay less tax (in certain circumstances)
Of course, we know that choosing a health fund with the right products can be confusing – lots of information and complicated choices with even more complicated names can leave you overwhelmed. That’s why we’ve made our product range as easy to understand as possible, to make choosing the right cover for you and your family simple.
Find out more about Queensland Country’s cover options.